Community Resources

Community Resources

Food Assistance

Food Pantries

A list of local food pantries


Apply for SNAP, Cash Assistance, Health Coverage, or check the status of your case

Domestic Violence Assistance

Abuse Awareness and Accountability

Abuse Awareness and Accountability is a highly specialized behavior awareness and modification program that began over 20 years ago as a domestic violence Batterers Intervention Program (BIP).

Indiana Department of Child Services

Suspected child abuse or neglect should be reported to Indiana Department of Child Services. They operate a 24-hour, 7-day a week hotline: 1-800-800-5556. You may also contact your local law enforcement agency to report abuse or neglect.

The Julian Center

The Julian Center is a nonprofit agency providing counseling, safe shelter, and education for survivors of abuse and assault, including women, men, and members of the LGBTQ community.

Housing Assistance

Hope House

Homeless Shelter

Vernon Township Office of the Trustee

This page has information about a variety of housing resources available to residents of Vernon Township.

Indiana Emergency Rental Assistance

This program can provide up to 12 months in rental assistance to help cover past due and ongoing monthly rent and utility payments for qualifying Indiana renters. Check guidelines here.

Local Schools

Mount Vernon Community School Corporation




Healthy365 is a population health department of Hancock Regional Hospital, guided by the Community Health Needs Assessment (CHNA), and focused on whole health and wellness of individuals who live, work, learn, play, and pray in Hancock County.

Healthy Families in Hancock County

The Villages Healthy Families program provides support and encouragement to new parents and gives Indiana’s babies a brighter beginning.

Senior Services

Established in 1978, Hancock County Senior Services provides in-home, non-medical support services to persons over the age of 60, to those with disabilities of any age, and particularly to low-income residents.

Transportation Assistance

Hancock County Senior Services/ Hancock Area Rural Transit

United Way of Central Indiana

Call 2-1-1 or visit – can help connect people with food and clothing, mental health and addiction services, health care services, housing and utility assistance, education and employment services, children and family services, tax assistance, legal assistance, and refuge from domestic violence.

Unemployment Assistance

WorkOne Greenfield

(317) 462-7711
Career center helping job seekers connect to the right resources to meet their particular need.

Indiana Department of Workforce Development

Indiana’s online destination to file for unemployment benefits, find information about unemployment insurance and search for jobs.